A U.S. military strike killed three people and blew up a boat in the Caribbean Sea on Friday, the U.S. Southern Command said, raising the death toll in the Trump administration’s five-month-old campaign against suspected drug smugglers at sea to 133, according to The New York Times.
The attack
was the first known strike in the Caribbean Sea since early November and the
39th disclosed by the U.S. government in the campaign, according to a tracker
maintained by The New York Times.
The
announcement on Friday was accompanied by an 11-second video clip that appeared to show a
missile striking the middle of the boat as it traversed open waters, and
destroying it.
The
command said, citing unspecified intelligence, that the boat had been following
“known drug-trafficking routes in the Caribbean” and that it was engaged in
narco-trafficking operations.
To read more CLICK HERE

No comments:
Post a Comment